roland aira
  • benjamin
    Site Admin

roland aira

by benjamin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 am

who's having fun with this? setups? I've got a bunch of it but I'm still confused if I'm being honest
    Face Fears

Re: roland aira

by Face Fears » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:23 am

I've played around with the full range a few times at an equipment store near me, and although I love the ease and playability of it all the sounds on the whole just don't do it for me.

The TR-8 in particular, I hear it and just imagine late 00s minimal tech house. I also suspect I'd get bored quickly with the limited amount of effects on the vocoder and MX-1. In theory I want to love them but somehow they don't click. Probably with some other external effects they could be better brought to life.

The System 8 seems absolutely nuts though! Shame it'll take me a long time to be able to expend so much on a new synth...
    wick_something

by wick_something » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Sunshine Jones has been doing some cool gear 'shootouts' lately, here's one where the TR-8 (and TR-09) is featured..

http://sunshine-jones.com/roland-tr-09- ... son-tests/
  • benjamin
    Site Admin

by benjamin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 am

Just read a post from jay tripwire suggesting the tr8 was already selling for more than the new price 2nd hand.

I have the full suite but as I mentioned earlier it's capabilities are evading me somewhat.
    Jdaddy

by Jdaddy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:55 am

I've got the Tr8 and Tb3. Enjoy both of them they've got a bunch of features that aren't covered in the manual. Ben, look for videos of these "hidden" features online. I sample the hats for production and also have both units hooked up with my Traktor setup for some live performance fun. I like the sound of the tb3, just wish the efx could be interchanged between patches.
  • benjamin
    Site Admin

by benjamin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Oh I've got a traktor too
    Jdaddy

by Jdaddy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:49 pm

What Traktor box do you have? If it has a midi out you can sync the aira gear to Traktor. I really like the delay and reverb on the tr8. You can get some nasty sounds tweaking the feedback.