Music Apps For iPad
  • maz

Music Apps For iPad

by maz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm

I inherited an iPad 2 a few weeks ago and I thought I'd purchase a music app to play around with, mostly as a sketch pad or for inspiration outside.

Anyone got any experience with using iPad for music?

I've been eyeing the Korg Gadget and right now it's 50% off until Jan 5. I downloaded the free version and it sounds pretty good, but I'm worried that my iPad 2 won't be fast enough to run the full version.

Another option is the NanoStudio mainly because I like the idea of the MPC style 16 pad instrument, but it seems to have limited sound set outside of sampling. The Gadget has tons more sounds, but while they have a 16 pad sampler and a 16 pad beat slicer, they're not the MPC style.

I may just go with the Gadget because I will probably just use a few instruments at a time and probably won't be trying to make full tracks or anything.

Any other suggestions before the Korg sale ends?
  • benjamin
    Site Admin

Re: Music Apps For iPad

by benjamin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:09 am

mazi? or no?
  • maz

Re: Music Apps For iPad

by maz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 am

Nah, I'm not Mazi. My previous screen on the old site was maz, so I adopted it for the new version. I think I joined in 2001, but never started posting regularly until late 2002-2003.

BTW, I bought Gadget, but I didn't realize two of their samplers were in-app purchases so I bought them as well.

I think I'm all done with the gear lust for now.